Reduction Mammaplasty also known as Breast reduction is a plastic surgery procedure that involves the removal of excess breast tissue, fat and skin to achieve a desired breast size that is proportional to the body size. Large breast can impact an individual’s livelihood. Patients with large breasts often have physical discomfort on their back, chest, shoulder and neck, effecting their livelihood. This procedure helps treat pain and discomfort associated with Macromastia (Abnormal enlargement of large tissues in excess of normal proportion in females) and gynecomastia(Abnormal enlargement of large tissues in excess of normal proportion in males). Individuals can move freely and find comfort in their skin.
Who is a candidate for Breast Reduction?
A breast reduction candidate is a healthy female who;
- suffers physical and emotional pain (Back, neck, chest & shoulder) & discomfort as a result of the breast size.
- is bothered by the size of the breast.
- who suffers irritation or sours under the breast.
- emotionally uncomfortable & self conscious of the breast.
- suffers shoulder indentations & injuries from bra straps.
- cannot perform some physical activities because of the breast size.
Is breast reduction covered by insurance?
surgeries done as a result of macromastia and it’s symptoms can be covered by insurance if the procedure is deemed a medical necessity. Below are images of insurance plans we accept.
How We Do Breast Reduction
What are the Benefits this Procedure?
- Enjoy physical activities more.
- Alleviated back and neck pain.
- Comfortably wear swimsuits, low cut tops, and button-up shirts.
- And also boost your self confidence and self esteem.
- Individual results may vary.
vc_btn title=”Get a Quote Today!” color=”turquoise” size=”lg” align=”center” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mikoplasticsurgery.com%2Fbook-now%2F|title:Book%20Now||”]
What is the cost of a breast reduction?
The exact cost varies depending on the patient’s needs. Please contact us and schedule a complete patient consultation with Dr. Michael Obeng. Our Beverly Hills facility will accommodate the most accurate cost estimates for your specific procedural needs. If you’re not in the Beverly Hills or Los Angeles area, visit our travel section to arrange a trip to Miko Plastic Surgery.
What is the recovery time?
After your surgery, you will wear a post-surgery bra or a sports bra for three months. Dr. Michael K. Obeng recommends to have at least a week off work post-surgery as part of the recovery period.
In case of complications, you can contact MiKO Plastic Surgery. We will do our best to guide you to have a safe and comfortable recovery.