Breast Reconstruction Surgery
Breast reconstruction surgery is a procedure to create new breast. Usually, patients who undergo these procedures had their breast minimized before. These patients also went through cancer treatments and mastectomy surgery.
How We Do Breast Reconstructive Surgery
The best candidates for breast reconstruction surgery are those who have had one or both breasts minimized through mastectomy. Breast reconstruction surgery is a different experience depending on the patient’s needs. Dr. Michael K.Obeng will make sure that the procedure will be safe to help you achieve that dream body.
BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY PROCEDURES
- Breast Implants is a less-invasive breast reconstruction surgery in which implants are inserted
- Flap Reconstructions minimize muscle, fat, or skin from another part of the body to reconstruct the breasts
- TRAM Flap creates a new breast using the intact skin and also muscle
- DIEP Flap uses skin and also fat from a patient’s abdominal area to create a new breast mound
- Latssimus Dorsi Flap uses the latssimus dorsi (muscle that runs beneath armpit and also diagonally across the back) to build a new breast
- Gluteal Flap (SGAP/IGAP) uses the skin and fat from the buttocks to create new breast area
What It Costs
COST OF BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY At MiKO Plastic Surgery
The exact cost of breast reconstruction surgery varies depending on the patient’s goals. Please contact us and schedule a complete patient consultation with Dr. Michael Obeng. Our patient coordinator will accommodate the most accurate cost estimates for your specific procedural needs. If you’re not in the Beverly Hills or Los Angeles area, visit our travel section to arrange a trip to Miko Plastic Surgery.
After the surgery, full recovery is within six to eight weeks. Still, this varies depending on the patient. In case of any complications, you can contact MiKO Plastic Surgery and we will do our best to guide you to have a comfortable recovery.