The Dangers Of Plastic Surgery Abroad
A lot of people dream of having the perfect face or figure, and there is nothing wrong with that. Undergoing plastic surgery is a common option for those who strive to look their best, and this is no ordinary feat. A lot of factors have to be taken into consideration, especially if your health is at stake. There are those who opt to do it with a doctor from nearby locations while others take the route of going overseas.
Going under plastic surgery procedures is an option that has to be evaluated carefully. As a matter of fact, according to a recent study from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, several cosmetic clinics overseas, such as those in Mexico, the Philippines, and the Dominican Republic lack procedure regulations and do not adhere to strict safety measures that are practiced in surgery clinics from the United States.
As a safety precaution before getting your plastic surgery done abroad, here are a few reminders and facts from Dr. Michael Obeng himself:
- Patients might not receive the required follow-up care that would be needed if the surgeon is located in another country.
- Post-operative appointments are needed, as this will ensure that the patient will heal properly and help to prevent any risks of future health problems.
- In case complications arise, patients might be forced to seek treatment from another physician, which will only increase the time and money spent on the surgery.
- If the patient will receive care outside the United States, the patient might not have any legal protection if things do not meet the patient’s expectations.
- If the patient opts to have a surgery outside the United States, most of the plastic surgeons will do the checkup. However, they might not opt to correct the surgery problems, which already incurred.
Dr. Michael K. Obeng is the Chief Surgeon at MiKO Plastic Surgery, which has been featured on several networks and shows on ABC, CBS, AP and USA Today. Dr. Obeng has dedicated years of training to perfecting his surgical techniques, which has earned him accreditation by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for providing high-quality service and superior results. Choosing a reputable plastic surgeon who has extensive experience and board-certified ensures you that your chosen procedures are performed according to the highest medical standards possible.
Get the best assistance. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael K. Obeng, you may call us at our Beverly Hills Office at (310) 275-2705. Our friendly team of top-tier cosmetic professionals would be more than glad to assist you.
The information and advice written in this article are given for educational purposes only. This article does not intend to replace a physician’s advice. Moreover, always consult your surgeon or physician before taking any advice found in the blog entries on this website.